The fact that ShowBox still isn’t accessible on the Google play store is still quite a mystery to many people. This is mainly due to the fact that it is one of the most sought-after online streaming apps today. Now, if you are having trouble trying to find an effective way to install ShowBox on your PlayStation 4 console, then you are definitely in the right place. These quick, effective steps are all you need.
How to Install ShowBox on PS4
Note that you cannot directly play ShowBox on your console. Most people go wrong because they think you download it and play it through the game itself, that’s a wrong assumption. For it to work, you need to understand the correct installation process, or you’ll just waste a ton of valuable time.
- You need to download the ShowBox app to your Android device, either your Smartphone or Tablet. This is because although you can’t directly link ShowBox to your PS4, you can link your PS4 to your Smartphone, and then your Smartphone to your console by extension. So what you will essentially be doing is playing your movies through your PS4 via your Android device.
- Seeing as ShowBox is not available on mainstream download sites such as Google play store, the security settings won’t allow you to install it because it’s from a third party source. This is where you need to go to the settings, enable ‘unknown sources’. What this will do is to facilitate installation from sources other than Google play store.
- Wait for the installation to complete. It may take a few minutes.
- Once complete, you will see the ShowBox icon on the main menu of your Android device.
- The next step involves syncing your smartphone or tablet to your PS4 console. What this will do is to enable you to directly stream your favorite movies through your phone and console using some easy steps
- Using your gamepad, you’ll see ‘use internal player’ on your console interface. Uncheck it.
- Then go to connected devices and select the option with your smartphone.
- Once you’ve paired your PS4 console to your Android device, open the ShowBox app on your phone, open the user-friendly interface, look through the options and pick what you want to watch.
You need to note that you cannot watch ShowBox directly through your PS4 console. Most people go wrong because they try to directly sync ShowBox to their PlayStation instead of going through the proper channels. It doesn’t work like that. Like most operating systems that are not android based, the PlayStation 4 also requires a buffer, which is a Smart Phone or a tablet.
What this device does is to bridge the gap, and to allow both devices to connect through it in a kind of middle-man capacity. Once you understand this little detail, and you follow these few uncomplicated steps, you will be able to enjoy all the great features that ShowBox has to offer.