ShowBox has now become available on three main platforms, PC/Laptop, Android and IOS. All you need is an Android-based supporting software to act as a bridge between your devices, and you’ll be able to stream all your latest TV shows for free.
It is worth pointing out that you cannot run ShowBox directly through your Chromebook. Just like your PC and other non-android devices, you will require an android emulator for you to get access to all the ShowBox features, as well as run it effectively. With this emulator, you won’t have to worry about constant error reports, that’s the beauty of it.
ShowBox For Chromebook
Running ShowBox on your Chromebook is as easy as following these key steps.
- First, you need to download the ‘Arc Welder’. This is what will serve as your Android emulator. There are other options, such as Bluestacks, but this emulator comes highly recommended for Chromebook users. The main function of the Arc Welder is essentially to give your Chromebook the ability to install and successfully run Android-based apps.
- Once you’ve downloaded your emulator, you can access it on the apps section, at which point you will need to download the ShowBox APK. On your emulator, you will see the ‘add APK’ file extension.
- This APK will then need to be loaded to your Chromebook. Using the Arc Welder emulator, install ShowBox to your Chromebook.
- Note that there are several different version of the ShowBox APK, each having its own pros and cons. This is why it is important to keep a close eye on the installation process. This is mainly due to the fact that you may get error reports from some versions, and not from others. This process shouldn’t take a lot of time. If you notice the installation is taking up too much time, try a different version, a lesser one. You can deal with upgrade issues later once your ShowBox app is up and running.
- Once complete, you can open the ShowBox icon on your apps page, you’ll be able to access most of the features from the home page. There are hundreds of movies to choose from, you can look through them, or you can do a more refined search by going to the search bar on the top right side of the screen and typing out the specific movie or TV show you want to watch.
- Lastly, you also get two main features that make your entertainment value unmatched.
- First, you can manually select the picture quality of the movie you want to watch. You have Low, Medium and High. You can pick any of them, depending on preference.
- The next feature is you also get to choose subtitles in either English or Russian. You can as well remove the subtitles altogether.
ShowBox once successfully installed on your Chromebook gives you the most user-friendly, uninterrupted online streaming experience imaginable. No ads, no complications. It’s a great way to spend that boring Sunday afternoon with the family.